Muscat: The Minister of Labour has issued a decision setting fees for issuing temporary licenses to recruit a worker for a period ranging from 4 to 9 months.
According to the decision, temporary licenses may be issued when necessary to recruit and conduct work for an expat worker, and the fees due in this case are determined as follows:
Temporary licensing fees for higher professions approved by the Ministry for a period of 4 months for a fee of OMR 336 , 6 months for a fee of OMR 502, for a period of 9 months OMR 752.
Temporary licensing fees for middle occupations for 4 months for OMR 169, 6 months OMR 252, and for 9 months with OMR 377.
Temporary license fees for the technical and specialized professions for a period of 4 months for OMR 101, for 6 months for OMR 151, for 9 months OMR 226.
The ministry also published details of the decision to set fees for recruiting a worker according to the level of employment that was announced at the ministry's press conference.
1. OMR 2,001 to recruit expats in top positions with salary over OMR 4,000.
2. OMR 1001 to recruit expats in mid positions with salary from OMR 2500 to OMR 3,999.
3. OMR 601 to employ an expatriate in the specialized and technical professions.
4. OMR 361 For the profession of fisherman.
5. OMR 141 For a permit to bring a domestic worker and those with the same skills from one to three workers.
6. OMR 241 For a permit to bring a domestic worker and those with the same skills from four to more.
7. OMR 201 For a farmer and breeder worker from one to three workers, and OMR 301 from the fourth worker to more.
8. OMR 5 fees to change the worker data, and OMR 5 to change the worker's employer from one to another.
This decision shall be published in the Official Gazette and shall take effect 90 days after the date of its publication.