Heavy rain fell in several parts of Oman since Monday and it continued to dominate the news agenda for this week in Oman.
1) Heavy rain fell in many parts of Oman including Muscat since Monday. The death toll from the flash floods, which hit Oman this week, climbed to five.
2) In order to keep our readers updated on the weather, timesofoman.com started a ‘Live blog’ that carried regular weather updates from across the country.
3) The Ministry of Education decided to close all the schools in Oman on Wednesday and Thursday due to heavy rain forecast. This was the third best story read online.
4) With heavier rain in Oman, people were advised to keep clear of wadis and seas. This was the fourth best read story online.
5) Air traffic at Muscat International Airport was unaffected despite heavy rain. This was the fifth best-read story online.