Muscat: Children and the elderly are not allowed to enter the market, is one of the precautionary measures issued by Muscat Municipality to limit the spread of Covid-19.
A statement issued online said: "Vendors and visitors to Muttrah Market for Fish, Fruits and Vegetables must comply with the following health measures:
1. People not wearing face masks and/or with body temperature more than 37.5 degrees Celsius are denied entry.
2. Stay at least 1.5 metres away from others.
3. Children and elderly are prohibited from entering the market.
4. Workers must adhere to the requirements and preventive measures to halt further spread of Covid-19 and that includes wearing face masks and disposable gloves constantly.
5.Vendors must clean display counters frequently.
6. Only one gate for entry and one for exit will be used.
7. Consumers must not touch fish.
8. The number of visitors should not exceed a maximum of 30 per cent of the normal capacity.
9. Arrange unused display tables to put a safe distance between vendors and cutters.
10. Ensure proper ventilation in the market and its facilities."