Ministry of Oil and Gas on Sunday announced the revised fuel prices for August. This continued to dominate the news agenda this week in Oman.
1. Petrol and diesel prices will come down from August 1, according to the new prices announced by the Ministry of Oil and Gas. This is the best read story online this week.
2. An Emirates Airline flight from India caught fire after making an emergency landing at Dubai International Airport on Wednesday, but all 300 passengers and crew escaped from the burning fuselage, authorities said. This is the second best read story of the week.
3. His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said has issued a Royal Decree 38/2016 to amend some of the provisions of the traffic law. This is the third best story read online.
4. A horror crash that claimed five lives was caused by a 17-year-old with no driving licence, prompting calls for awareness campaigns in the Sultanate. This is the fourth best read story online.
5. Expat bosses, especially those over the age of 60 working at government-owned companies, are on borrowed time, according to a Majlis Al Shura member after a recent directive signed by a top-level minister. This is the fifth best story read online.