Muscat: The Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs has clarified about the procedural guide for the preparation of mosque re-openings.
A statement issued online by the Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs said, ”The Ministry would like to clarify that the guiding and procedural guide for preparing the re-opening of mosques put forth by the Awqaf Production Foundation will be implemented after the decision to re-open mosques by the relevant Supreme Committee, with the assurance that the announcement will be made in accordance with the ministry's recommendation in this regard.”
Here are the rules for conducting prayers in mosques according to the procedural guide for preparing the re-opening of mosques:
1. Mosques must be opened only at the time of call to prayer and for a period not exceeding more than 15 minutes. The time includes call to prayer, prayer and leaving the mosque.
2. Use your own Quran or electronic Quran while inside the mosque.
3. Women’s prayer halls and refrigerators must be closed.
4. Toilets must be kept closed.
5. Carpets must be marked with social distancing signs (1.5 meters between each worshiper).
6. People must wear face masks at all times and must sterilize hands regularly before entering and after leaving the mosque.
7. It is allowed to pray in the premises of the mosque.
8. The mosque’s supervisors, agents and those in charge of them are obligated to close the mosque at the end of the prayer immediately after the specified period, which does not exceed a quarter of an hour.
9. In the event that violations are found, the Ministry of Awqaf must be notified through the mosques' electronic system, and if confirmed, the mosque will be closed until further notice.