Muscat: The Ministry of Health (MOH), has issued a ministerial decision on the National Blood Program.
His Excellency Dr. Ahmed bin Muhammad Al-Saeedi, Minister of Health, issued Ministerial Decree No. 114/2020 regarding the National Blood Program.
The decision stipulated the establishment of the program and its objectives, and the formation of a technical committee, whose membership includes institutions that deal with blood and its components.
The ministerial decision stated that the National Blood Program consists of institutions that deal with blood and its components, and blood transfusion services. The program aims to:
- Ensure sustainable supply
- Enable adequate, easy and safe blood supply.
- Ensuring application of a comprehensive quality management system in aspects of dealing with blood.
- Ensuring optimal use of blood and its components and limiting unnecessary distribution.
- Implement a blood alert system to ensure the safety of blood and its components.
- Establishing unified mechanisms and methods for donating blood.