Muscat: The Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries has issued detailed guidelines for fishermen and water transporters to be followed during the period of closure till August 8.
In a statement, the Ministry outlined the rules, which are as follows:
- For fishermen wanting to venture out in the evening, it is necessary to carry a boat license and a license to practice.
- Movement of fish stock will be allowed during the permitted hours with the presence of a license for fish transport and sales.
- For water tankers, a transit card must be obtained from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry by following the rules set down by the Ministry.
- The sale of fish will be permitted at the central wholesale market during business hours as decided between 6.30 am and 12 noon daily, except during the Eid Al-Adha holidays, which will be announced at a later date.
- All drivers and market employees must adhere to safety norms issued by the Supreme Committee and the market administration.