Muscat: The complete closure of travel between governorates of the Sultanate as well as the prevention of movement within and the closure of all public places and shops began at exactly 7 PM Oman time and will be in force till Saturday, 8th August.
A statement issued online by the Oman News Agency (ONA) said: "The Supreme Committee to deal with COVID-19, has decided:
- The complete closure of governorates began on Saturday at 7 pm.
- Movement is prohibited and all public places and shops are closed from 7 pm until 6 am, till Saturday August 8, 2020.
- There will be no exceptions allowed for passage through the common control points.
- Units of the Royal Oman Army and units of the Royal Oman Police will be at the points to ensure complete closure.
- Total closure means the closure of all crossing points between the governorates, including the main and branch roads.
- No exception except for emergency vehicles, operational vehicles and those concerned with the activation of joint control points of the Royal Oman Police and the Sultan's Armed Forces.
- Anyone who tries invalid excuses for passing through the joint control points will face action and it will be considered a violation and an obstruction of work and procedures.
- Cooperation and commitment is a national duty for all of us.