Muscat: Private sector companies can be fined up to OMR 500 if they violate decisions of the Supreme Committee handling COVID-19, according to the Government Communication Center (GC).
The GC said that the Ministry of Manpower may seek the assistance of the Sultan’s Armed Forces and the Royal Oman Police (ROP) to implement the orders. “If the violation is repeated, the fine will be doubled,” the GC reiterated.
The fines which were laid down includes:
1) Not having an internal emergency plan for limiting the spread of the coronavirus, the companies will be fined OMR 300.
2) Not having a register for attendance and departure of workers to and from workplaces along with specifying the time of entry and exit the companies will be fined OMR 100.
3) Not wearing face masks in workplaces or on public transportation will call for a fine of OMR 100.
4) Not providing hand sanitizers in workplaces or in worker accommodation or providing them with an alcohol percentage of less than 60 %, will be fined OMR 100.
5) Not having devices to monitor the high temperature of workers in workplaces or a register to disclose any respiratory system symptoms of cough, runny nose and fever will be fined OMR 100.
6) Not having a specified mechanism for immediate I reporting, specifying a special contact number, on the appearance of any symptoms of respiratory system inflammation or fever of workers, will be fined OMR 100.
7) Not having a special register recording the names of workers suspected of infection with the virus will be fined OMR 500.
8) Not having markers and signs for physical distancing in the workplace, worker accommodation, dining halls of accommodation, or transportation waiting areas will be fined OMR 100.
9) Not having awareness stickers in different languages in the workplace workers and their details in every accommodation will be fined OMR 100.
10) Not having security guards to monitor and record entry to and exit from the accommodation by workers and visitors will be fined OMR 500.
11) Not having a sufficient number of waste containers in worker accommodation will be fined OMR 100.
12) Not having a register recording attendance and departure of workers to and from dining halls of the accommodation and specifying the time of entry for every group according to the approved division of groups, will be fined OMR 100.
13) Not sanitising work equipment and tools will call for a fine of OMR 100.
14) Not training workers and making them aware of the precautionary measures to avoid infection, will be fined OMR 100.
15) For any other violations of the decisions of the committee, a fine of OMR 100 will be imposed.