Muscat: The Supreme Committee in charge of dealing with the Coronavirus pandemic in the country is holding a virtual media press conference.
Here are the details:
1. Dr. Mohammed bin Saif Al Hosni, Undersecretary of Ministry of Health: Of the total 1,716 cases, 63 per cent are expats and 37 are Omanis.
2. Dr. Mohammed Al Hosni, Undersecretary of Ministry of Health: 39 cases are in hospitals and nine are in ICU.
3. Dr. Saif Al Hosni: 6,807 cases are under isolation.
4. Dr. Mohammed Al Hosni: Plasma given to few patients.
5. Dr. Saif Al-Abri, Director, DG of Ministry of Health: We have not reached the peak now, and in a week or two we may reach the peak stage of the virus.
6. Dr. Saif Al Hosni: Two cases of pregnant women were registered and are in good condition and subject to home quarantine.
7. Director General of Disease Control: Coronavirus came will stay like a flu and it will remain in the community, and I don't think we will reach zero cases.
8. DG of MOH: 2000 laboratory test of Covid-19 done daily, 29000 cases have been done until today.
9. Dr. Saif Al Hosni: Hydroxychloroquine has been tried on a number of cases in the Sultanate. A number of cases have recovered after receiving this treatment. This is a treatment we use for a number of diseases and we cannot say for sure that it is a cure to the coronavirus, but we need it. Most cases do not have to be treated and are subject to home isolation.
10. Dr.Shawqi bin Abdul Rahman Al Zadjali, Assistant General Director of Health Affairs, Muscat Municipality: There are ongoing meetings and discussions on the possibility of resuming some activities.
11. Undersecretary of Ministry of Health: Apart from wilayat Muttrah, Seeb has 134 cases and Baushar has 93 cases.
12. Undersecretary of the Ministry of Health for Health Affairs: Muttrah is isolated in stages, and there are steps that will be taken to allow movement in Muttrah and open commercial activity.