Muscat: As many people prefer the option of home isolation rather than institutional isolation, the Ministry of Health has issued a list of instructions on how to deal with the garbage and waste generated by an isolated person to protect the family and society.
How to deal with solid waste during home isolation for COVID-19:
1. Use a separate panel bin with lid/cover.
2. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment, masks and gloves when handling and collecting the waste.
3. Once the bag is 2/3 full, hold on top of the bag and twist it, close it with a single hand knot and tie the bag.
4. Place the closed bag into another empty bag and then tie it firmly.
5. Immediately dispose the closed bags into the collection container.
6. Fix a new bag in the bin and then dispose the used personal protective equipment.
7. Wash your hands with soap and water or use sanitizer to disinfect.