Muscat: The Supreme Committee on Covid-19) held a meeting under the chairmanship of Sayyid Hamoud bin Faisal Al Busaidi, Minister of Interior, to follow up the situation in the Sultanate and undertake measures to curb the spread of the virus.
Here’s are the details.
1. Muscat governorate will be completely isolated from all other governorates. Indiviruals will not be allowed to enter or leave the governorate.
2. Only grocery shopping allowed.
3. Movements will be facilitated for trucks, food supply and medical emergency.
4.There will be strict limits on the entry and exit of individuals.
5. Employees can go to work only if their work presence is required. They must carry the letter from the company. No other employees outside the governorate will be allowed.
6.There will be no entry for employees from outside Muscat unless the companies requests their entry.
7.The decision to close Muscat completely was taken based on the decision by the authorities investigating the epidemic. If there is a need to extend the closure, it will be based on the epidemiological investigations.
8. Food and ration commodities are sufficient for a long time and there will be follow-up by the competent authorities to provide all basic services, ration and food commodities.
9. Health services will be made available to all members of society in the Governorate of Muscat and will facilitate their movement to get health care.