Muscat: Beginning on Wednesday, April 1, the Sultan’s Armed Forces and the Royal Oman Police will activate check points for the movements of citizens and residents between the entires and exits of all the governorates.
The decision comes in accordance with the precautionary measures and decrees issued to deal with the repercussions and effects of the spread of the corona Covid19 virus.
The decision will be implemented starting tomorrow Wednesday, April 1, 2020. During this time, all citizens and residents must carry with them their civil and work cards.
In a statement online, the armed forces said: “The Sultan’s Armed Forces and the Royal Oman Police have implemented the procedures related to the provisions of movements between the governorates of the sultanate, by activating the check points for the control of movements of citizens and residents between the entries and exists of all governorates.
“This is in accordance with the decision of the supreme committee in charge of dealing with the developments resulting from the spread of the coronavirus Covid19,” the statement added.
Those exempt from the decision are:
1. Employees in the public and private sector whose nature of work requires them to attend in order for it to be completed, all of which will be determined by the heads of departments.
2. Ambulance and emergency vehicles.
3. Military and security vehicles.
4. Vehicles that transport foodstuff and basic necessities for citizens and residents.
5. Vehicles that transport construction and commercial materials and oil derivatives and the likes of materials that serve the two sectors.
6. Exceptional cases of citizens and residents according to the assessments of the security points between the governorates.
The Sultan's Armed Forces also stress the importance of staying in homes and not going out except in cases of importance.