GRILLED MASALA FISH STEAK
• 10 fish fillets
• 3 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 cloves garlic-minced
• 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
• Take the fish fillets and rub gently with oil, keep aside in a plate.
• Grind together garlic, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ,coriander powder, and salt.
• Grind to a coarse paste. Rub this all over the fish fillets along with garam masala powder and keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
• Grill the marinated fish on a preheated grill or oven till golden and crisp on both sides or for 5 minutes.
• Transfer to a plate. Drizzle lime juice and serve hot.
SPICY GRILLED PINEAPPLE SALSA
• 4 pineapple slices
• 1 onion medium sized , finely chopped
• 1 tomato, finely chopped
• 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
•1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/8 cup coriander (chopped)
•Salt to taste
• Grill the pineapples in a sizzling hot pan for 3-4 minutes on each side.
• Once cooled, chop the pineapples finely and combine all the ingredients together. Season with the spices.
• Let this rest for an hour before serving. Serve with nachos.
GRILLED BEEF BURGERS
• 1/2 kg beef mince
• 1 onion, very finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 2 slices bread soaked in 2 tablespoons milk
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon oil
• Preheat the grill.
• Place the onion, garlic, bread with milk, egg and Dijon mustard in a large bowl and mix well.
• Add the beef mince and season. Mix to combine.
• Using wet hands mix together forming into 8 patties about 2.5cm thick.
• Place the patties onto the well heated, greased grill.
• Cook for about 5 minutes on each side before transferring to a warm plate.
• Serve with buns and lettuce.
GRILLED LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN
• 6 chicken breasts
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons melted butter
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 1 tablespoon freshly crushed pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, butter, lemon juice, pepper and garlic.
• Brush this marinade onto both sides of the chicken breast and let it rest for 40 minutes.
• Grill chicken over medium high heat for 3 -4 minutes.
• Turn chicken and coat with remaining marinade and grill until done.
• Serve hot with a side salad.
Oneza Tabish is a food blogger, consultant, and columnist based in Oman. She is also the owner of Oman’s popular Facebook group ‘What’s Cooking Oman.’