Designing a kitchen with latest technology and equipment, storage cabinets, right colour, material and style requires a lot of kitchen interior design knowledge and ideas.
The kitchen is the heart of the home because it is the centre of family's day-to-day living. It is not only a place for sharing recipes but is also a place where memories are made. So designing it with both smart, intuitive design and attractive aesthetics are equally important. In ancient times, the design of the kitchen used to be simple, but today because of the minimum space people want their kitchen design to be casual and creative. They want their kitchen to be styled with latest kitchen cupboards, smart counter tops, complementary design features along with basic shapes which give way to what we call modular kitchen designs. So, it is fair enough if we invest more in designing the home kitchen as compared to other rooms.
Here are some of the important points that you should keep in mind while planning to have a modular kitchen.
1. Make it interactive: What makes the kitchen, a most memorable place is what happens in it. So while designing it keep in mind that you not only include seating units but also have large kitchen island where you can cook together. For an easy and interesting start, you can have an extra knife around for eager sous chefs. To have a full kitchen remodelling, think about how you want the space to flow and accommodate a group of helpers; maybe a custom kitchen cabinet, kitchen trolley. This small kitchen design will help to accomplish a proper interactive place in the house.
2. Go for glossy tiles: If you want to have a best modular kitchen then try to use plain and glossy tiles for the walls, instead of textured and matte finish. This is because textured or matte finish tiles get greased and sticky fast due to frying and thus become very difficult to clean.
3. Include space between counters: When designing a kitchen, it is advised to leave a minimum of 1 m floor space between the countertops. This will allow you to easily open the drawers and cabinets in the space, as well as to stand in front of the dishwasher when they are fully opened.
4.Take an idea from online modular kitchen designs: A home kitchen design shouldn't feel unproductive and unclear, but it should feel like a place where you can get things done. So browse online various modular kitchen photos or peek inside your favourite restaurant kitchen to have ideas for kitchen cupboards, platforms, kitchen interior decor, etc.
5. Make space for storage: The biggest mistake people make while designing a modular kitchen is not allowing enough storage. Interior designers suggest using every nook or cranny in the space. Put overhead kitchen cabinets right up to the ceiling, rather than leaving space on top to accumulate dust. Consider including drawers and shelves with compartments for easier access to pots, pans and other kitchen accessories. Make sure you include enough space to keep appliances to have clutter-free countertops.
6. Adequate lighting: A kitchen is a place in the home where accidents can happen. So while planning to have a modular kitchen design, include good lighting. Consider a combination of pendant lights, ceiling lights and under-cabinet lights to illuminate the room.
7. Expand the idea of design: A good vibe and positive energy fill the space with happiness. Music, flowers, fruits; these are all things that contribute to the design of your space, especially if the kitchen design doesn't involve knocking down walls. If you're designing from scratch, don't lose sight of the smaller, personal touches. Having fresh flowers on the counter each week and listening to music fills the area with a happy feeling.
8. Make use of wood material: If you want your kitchen to shine for years to come then include kitchen cabinets, kitchen islands and other furniture pieces in wood. This is because wood is durable and sturdy material and thus gives the room a marvellous appeal with its natural shine.