3 INGREDIENT CHIA PUDDING
Loaded with protein and fibre, chia pudding is easy to make.
• 2 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1/2 cup low fat milk
• 1 teaspoon honey
• Strawberries or other fruits for topping
• Pour ingredients into a jar and mix well.
• Cover the jar and store in fridge overnight or for at least two hours. Top with fruits before serving.
BREAKFAST AVOCADO EGG CUPS
Power up your breakfast with healthy avocado egg cups that is deliciously “nutritious” to the core.
• 2 avocados halved
• 4 medium eggs
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Chopped fresh herbs for garnish
• Heat the oven to 220C degrees.
• Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out an additional 1 tablespoon of avocado flesh to create more space.
• Place the avocado halves in a baking dish and gently crack one egg on top of each half.
• Bake for 15-20 minutes.
• Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh herbs.
• Serve hot.
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED FISH
A scrumptious, hearty baked fish from the Mediterranean that has health and wellness written all over.
• 3 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 large tomato, finely chopped
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder
• Salt and pepper as per taste
• 450g white fish fillet
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• Zest of 1 lemon
• In a saucepan, heat olive oil on low heat. Add onions, sauté until golden. Add tomatoes, garlic, spices, pinch of salt and pepper.
• Cook till tomatoes are mushy and the spices have combined well for about
• Heat oven to 200C degrees.
• Pat fish dry and season with salt
• Pour 1/2 of the cooked tomato-onion-spice mix into the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange the fish on top.
• Add lemon juice and lemon zest, then top with the remaining tomato onion spice mix.
• Bake in 200C degrees heated-oven for 15 minutes till the fish is cooked through. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
• Serve hot.
EASY CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
Give a healthy makeover to your fried rice with the goodness of cauliflower.
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 2 tablespoon bell pepper finely chopped
• 2 tablespoon carrot finely chopped
• 2 tablespoon onion finely chopped
• 1.5 cups cauliflower grated
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger grated
• 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
• 1 green chilli, finely minced
• 2 tablespoon soya sauce
• 1 teaspoon vinegar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
• Handful coriander leaves
• In a non-stick pan, heat oil. Add all the finely chopped vegetables and cauliflower along with ginger, garlic and chilli.
• Sauté on high flame for 5-6 minutes.
• Add soya sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper and stir to combine well, for around 2 minutes.
• Season with salt and pepper as per taste.
• Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.