The season is demanding, we know. So while you make sure the Christmas tree, stocking stuffers and guest lists are in place, we decided to compile a list of 10 outfit options to carry you through.
1) Faux velvet greens – This has featured on almost every list of outfit ideas for the season, and we agree that there is something undeniably Christmas-y about it. Whether you wear it short or long, this colour-fabric duo is a head-turner. If you’re not satisfied with only one Christmas colour, throw on red heels to complete the look.
2) Sequins – If its party season, you’ll see sequins everywhere. From little black sequined dresses to fringed skirts, they’re a favourite amongst all those who don’t shy away from a little bling. If you don’t want to go all out, pick a sleeveless sequined top and tone it down with a pair of dark-coloured bottoms and a jacket.
3) Frills in red – Red is another loved colour of the season. Give your everyday red dress a festive feel by adding some frills to it.
4) Faux fur – Faux fur jackets and stoles are perfect to take you from Christmas lunch to late-night celebrations. You can throw it over your handbag during the day and fling it on once the night gets colder.
5) Suited up – If you’re looking for something more formal, a red blazer along with a pair of matching trousers is chic, comfortable and Christmas-y. Unless you’re trying to copy Santa’s style, we suggest swapping the traditional white shirt with something more shimmery or bold.
6) Fringed party jackets – Shaggy jackets with layers of fringes look incredibly cute. Stick to pastel shades and pair with a basic top for a casual yet stylish look.
7) Puffed sleeves – Broad shoulders and puffed sleeves are staples this season. If you want to keep up with the festive vibes but prefer to keep it minimalistic, opt for a bright coloured or floral top with puffed sleeves for that added oomph.
8) Mustard sweaters – Mustard yellow is the go-to colour for this time of the year. It’s warm, mellow and soothing but still has an element of vibrancy about it. Mustard sweater dresses have been a top pick for the season. As a simple sweater, the colour also works great to add some life to an otherwise monotone outfit below.
9) Christmas captioned tops – Text T-shirts are so much fun. Get creative and come up with your own catchy lines for the season. Get them printed on basic T-shirts and pair with plain or fancy bottoms.
10) Red plaids – Plaids are winter must-haves. For your Christmas outfit, pick a red plaid shirt or coat-frock and dress it up with some fancy accessories and knee-high boots.
Antara Bose is a model turned fashion and beauty consultant. A popular blogger, anchor, and voice over artist, she maintains a deep connection with the local fashion industry and is passionate about discovering and celebrating aspiring talent as well as promoting animal rights. For fashion updates with a side of humour and sarcasm follow Antara on instagram