His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said returned to Oman on Tuesday after his routine medical checkups in Germany. This continued to dominate news agenda this week.
1) The Diwan of Royal Court on Tuesday issued the following statement: “With Allah’s care, His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said returned home this evening after completing the routine medical checkups in the Federal Republic of Germany, which were crowned with success by the prospective good results, thanks to the Allah. This was the best-read story online.
2) Air India has increased its free baggage allowance to 35 Kgs. in economy class for all passengers travelling to Mumbai on tickets purchased beginning 9th April 2016 and travelling through 31st May 2016. This was the second best-read story online.
3) Real estate giants in the Sultanate have called for government policy to improve expat property buying in order to boost the sector, attract more tourists and investors and help the country battle the oil price slump. This was the third best-read story online.
4) Welcoming His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said’s return to Oman after the routine medical checkups in Germany, Ahmed Al Hooti, a member of the Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OCCI) said that may the Almighty Allah grant him good health, happiness and a long life, with great joy. This was the fourth best-read story online.
5) Number five spot on best-read story was about a 40-year-old Omani who was arrested for allegedly trying to marry a minor girl in India.