The revised fuel prices announced by the Ministry of Oil and Gas for the month of April continued to dominate the news agenda in Oman this week.
1) Petrol and diesel will cost more in April than March, according to the new prices communicated to fuel companies in Oman by the ministry. This was the best read story on timesofoman.com
2) A salary structure scale based on educational qualifications in the private sector will help ensure increased productivity and encourage more job aspirants to embrace the private sector, say experts. This was the second best read story online.
3) Between March 20 and 26, the number of workers found violating the Labour Law stood at 478 including 369 commercial workers, 70 farm workers and 39 housemaids, according to the latest report of the joint inspection team at the Ministry of Manpower. This was the third best-read story.
4) On Tuesday, Oman’s meteorology department predicted rain in Musandam and North Batinah region. This was the fourth best-read story.
5) Number five spot on the most read story was on infiltrators. A vehicle transporting infiltrators from Wilayat Suwaiq to Wilayat Buraimi overturned, resulted in the death of one infiltrator and injuries for the rest.