Muscat: Omanis and expats planning to perform Haj in the Hijri year 1439, which corresponds to August, 2018, can register their applications online through the website created by the Ministry of Endowments and Religious Affairs (MERA), from March 13 to 26.
The Sultanate has a share of 14,000 pilgrims this year. "The Sultanate's share of pilgrims allowed to perform Haj will remain 14,000, just like last year. This number has been reduced to nearly 12,000 pilgrims for a number of years before 2017, due to the expansions made in Al-Masjid Al-Harām," Dr. Saleh bin Said Al Hosni, Director of Haj Affairs and Companies at MERA told Times of Oman.
Registration conditions include that an applicant must be not younger than 18 years old. For non-Omani residents, their period of stay in the Sultanate must be at least one-year, and they must prove that they have not traveled for Haj from the Sultanate earlier.
Applications can be made online here: www.hajj.om