1. If your milk always goes bad before you can finish it, try adding a pinch of salt to the carton when you first open it. It will stay fresh days longer.
2. When defrosting meat from the freezer, pour some vinegar over it. Not only does it tenderise the meat; it will also bring down the freezing temperature of the meat and cause it to thaw quicker.
3. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your house plants. The water
contains nutrients that your plants will love.
4. To keep potatoes from budding in the bag, put an apple in with them.
5. If you are making gravy (stew) and accidentally burn it, just pour it into a clean pan and continue cooking it. Add sugar a little at a time, tasting as you go to avoid 'over-sugaring' it. The sugar will cancel out the burned taste.