Muscat: A fire at a warehouse in North Hail, Muscat, was put out by firefighters, the Public Authority for Civil Defense and Ambulance (PACDA) reported.
“The warehouse belongs to a commercial centre. The fire has been doused without any injuries,” a PACDA spokesman wrote in a tweet
In June, PACDA reported that electrical faults accounted for a third of all fires in 2015.
Muscat Governorate recorded the highest number of cases last year, officials reported. Fires caused by electrical malfunctions made up 1,225 of the total incidents PACDA officers had to respond to in 2015.
Meanwhile, to avoid delay in responding to emergencies, PACDA has urged residents to report incidents by contacting 9999 or 24343666.