Muscat: According to the National Centre for Statistics and Information (NCSI), the total number of fire cases reported in various governorates of the Sultanate of Oman in 2022 was 4,186.
The centre has published statistics on the number of fire cases in the Sultanate of Oman for 2022. The report indicated an increase of 3 percent compared to 2021.
The number of fires recorded in each governorate are as follows:
1. Muscat Governorate topped the list with 1307 fires,
2. North Al Batinah Governorate - 949
3. Al Dakhiliyah Governorate - 435
4. South Al Batinah Governorate - 367
5. Dhofar Governorate - 349
6. South Al Sharqiyah Governorate - 235
7. Al-Dhahirah Governorate -180
8. North Al Sharqiyah Governorate - 177
9. Al-Buraimi Governorate -109
10. Musandam Governorate recorded - 40
11. Al Wusta Governorate came at the bottom of the list with 38 fires.