Muscat: The Muscat Municipality has issued a circular regarding the controls and requirements of camping in the Governorate of Muscat. The circular and the receipt of permit applications will start from November 13, 2022.
With the aim of organising from the technical, health and environmental aspects, adhering to security, safety and public morals regulations, and preserving the appearance of the city. The controls stipulate that camping, whether in a caravan, tents, or sessions, is not permissible for a period of more than (48) hours, except with a permit from the competent service directorate, and after payment of a security deposit of (100 OMR) , and the permit is for seven nights, subject to extension.
1. Camping allowed in places specified by the municipality only.
2. Campers must leave a distance of not less than (5) metres between sites.
3. Campers must leave a distance of at least (10) meters between the camping site and the beach.
4. Campers must keep the camping site away from the sites of fishermen and the sites prohibited by security.
5. The camping site should be at least 100 meters away from residential neighbourhoods.
1. Maintaining cleanliness of the designated site throughout the period of use.
2. Not to use any of the mobile toilets that carry unsanitary specifications and standards.
3. Not to damage crops and wild plants.
4. Not to erect earthen mounds or any kind of alterations in the natural environment of the camping site.
5. Littering and burning waste is prohibited.
6. Setting fire or barbecue on green areas and beach lands is not allowed.
Safety and security requirements:
1. The camping licensee is obligated to provide security and safety equipment for each site around the clock.
2. If a fence is used around the site, it must be made of temporary materials and not obstruct the view.
3. Lasers and lights directed upwards are strictly prohibited.
Requirements for public morals:
1. Campers are not allowed to use the camp or the caravan for prohibited purposes.
2. Commitment to the laws, decisions, order and public morals that must be observed in the Sultanate of Oman.
1. The issued licence number must be fixed on a plate in front of the caravan, tent or sitting, and the licence is non-transferable.
2. Use of concrete or other building materials for any purpose whatsoever is not allowed.
3. Use of generators that cause inconvenience to site visitors, and to abide by silent generators is prohibited.
4. Parking, entry and exit to and from the site must be regulated.
5. Tiling or leveling the site with heavy equipment is prohibited.
The penalties are as follows:
An administrative fine of (200 OMR) in the case of camping without obtaining the necessary licence. An administrative fine of (50 OMR) in the event of non-compliance with one of the controls or requirements for camping. In the event of repeating the violation and not responding to the implementation required by the violator, the caravan, tent or session will be removed.