Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 heads of cauliflower, cut into 8 1-inch cauliflower steaks
1 tablespoon pecan, avocado or olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the pesto:
2 cups fresh basil
1/4 cup raw pecan halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup pecan or olive oil
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the grill to medium high heat, about 375 to 400 degrees F.
2. Brush sides of cauliflower steaks with oil and add salt and pepper.
3. Grill each side of steak for 4 minutes.
4. Remove from the grill and let rest.
5. Make the pesto: in a food processor, pulse the basil, raw pecans, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon zest until finely chopped. Add olive oil and blend.
6. Transfer pesto to a bowl and add parmesan cheese.
7. To serve, top cauliflower steaks with pesto.