Easy and simple natural cure for restless leg syndrome
By: Times News Service
There are many people who suffer from restless leg syndrome. In this condition the person suffers from an uncontrollable urge to move his legs. They get this sensation of something wiggling or squirming under their skin which makes their legs jerk or twitch. This can further lead to problems such as depression, sleep deprivation, and anxiety. It is known to affect both men and women. But this condition is higher among women. Although this condition is shrouded in mystery but it is believed to be caused due to too little exercise, excessive caffeine consumption, arthritis, circulatory problems, kidney, heart and lung disorder.
There are several home remedies for restless leg syndrome which are convenient and easy to try at home. Some of the popular home remedies are:
1. One of the most popular home remedies for restless leg syndrome is to avoid drinks containing caffeine such as coffee, tea, and cola drinks.
2. Avoid consuming alcohol and stop smoking cigarettes.
3. Make it a daily habit of doing exercise such as jogging, brisk walking or cycling. They will help in alleviating the problem. Since restless leg syndrome is known to be severe at night can lead to insomnia. Doing exercise on regular basis will help you sleep better.
4. You can even use a body massage vibrator which is very helpful in relaxing your leg muscles. Consult your physician in order to know which body massage vibrator will suit you the best.
5. Medications such as allergy pills and cold medications contain mild stimulants which can cause jittery legs. Therefore it is better to ask your pharmacist for non stimulating alternatives.
6. Make it a habit of taking massage or warm bath before bed which can be very helpful in relaxing your muscles.
7. Change from cold to hot, or hot to cold can be effective in treating restless leg syndrome. All you need to do is dip your feet in cold water or drape your legs with a cool towel. If this doesn’t work then try putting a hot pack or heating pad on your legs.
8. Deficiency of magnesium, folate or iron can cause restless leg syndrome. Consume a diet rich in nutrients which will provide your body with essential vitamins and minerals.
9. Researchers have found that cold feet can also be one of the factors responsible for this problem. Therefore wearing socks at bedtime is not a bad idea.
10. Try to reduce stress from your life. Stress can exacerbate the condition, although it is not linked directly with restless leg syndrome. Make it a daily routine of practicing some yoga, visualisation or meditation. You can even try engaging yourself into some hobby which will help you de-stress.
11. Sleep properly and go to bed same time each night. This will prevent fatigue which could be one of the factors contributing to restless leg syndrome. This is one of the effective home remedies for restless leg syndrome.
12. Add garlic, ginkgo bilboa and hawthorn berries into your diet. They will help in improving your blood circulation.
13. Daily dose of juice like spinach, asparagus or kale juice, are all rich in folate which will help keeping your legs still at night.