Muscat: Oman recorded nearly 1,000 fresh infections of COVID-19 in the build up to last weekend, reveal figures from the Ministry of Health.
Statistics published on Sunday, 9 January, 2022, show that 343 people tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, another 251 were found to have caught the disease on Friday, and some 373 more tested positive on Saturday.
The country sadly also saw another person die from the coronavirus, bringing the total number of people who have succumbed to the disease to 4,118. In Oman, 307,722 people have so far tested positive for COVID-19, while 300,964 of them have successfully recovered from the disease, reflecting a recovery rate of 97.8 percent.
There are 40 patients currently admitted to hospitals in Oman for COVID-related symptoms, after 11 more people required medical care in the 24 hours leading to Sunday, 9 January. Seven of the 40 are in intensive care.
The Ministry of Health and other government organisations in Oman have reminded people to continue to adopt precautions against COVID-19 to stop the spread of the disease.
“With our commitments to wearing masks and maintaining social and physical distancing, we will prevent ourselves, our families, and our communities from the spread of the coronavirus,” said the ministry in an advisory.
Reminding people of the need to stay vigilant against the virus, the Government Communications Centre said: “let us all abide by the precautionary measures installed inside commercial establishments.”
The centre also thanked the Royal Oman Police for their efforts in making sure that people and companies in the country continue to follow the required measures to stop the spread of COVID-19.