After learning to live life more remotely in 2020 and 2021, it’s time to view 2022 as a fresh start.
To help you adopt a new, balanced way of living, here are five home interior design trends meant to inspire spaces that will welcome guests, while still incorporating the special intimacies that may have been rediscovered from slowing down. Each trend can be utilised for a full home makeover or incorporated into little touches to freshen up a space.
1. Embrace. Embrace everything that is good in your life and create a sense of comfort, warmth and security. We recommend cosy textures and a palette of mellow coral, subtle orange, soft green and creamy shades of white and brown to achieve this look in spaces like bedrooms or family rooms. A simple and stylish way to incorporate this into a room is to add a coat of paint to a textured basket for a pop of color. Then, fill it with plenty of plush blankets to complete the cozy look and feel.
2. Rise. Give a fresh perspective to your existing space with the ‘Rise’ trend. Inspired by the morning light peeking through the shades, incorporating this trend into your bedroom or bathroom is bound to invigorate and motivate you. For example, add a coat of green paint to your closet door for a nice pop of color to an area where you start your day. No matter where you’re looking to add fresh colour, you’ll want to achieve clean, sharp paint lines.
3. Gather. Gathering with friends and family has been long awaited, so set the mood and ambience just the way you imagined it. Inspired by the depth of conversations with loved ones, the ‘Gather’ trend embraces rich, dark tones like navy, teal or forest green. Incorporate this trend by painting the focal point of a room, like kitchen cabinets or the living room fireplace. Or, add bold, dark details with furniture and artwork. You can keep it subtle by creating custom centerpieces dipped in paint and wrapped in twine.
4. Revive. Revive your home with soothing and vibrant shades of pink, orange and blue to create a balance of motivated yet satisfied. Consider adding a vibrant paint colour to old, worn-down details like a front door, nightstand or kitchen table. It might feel out of context, or out of character, but give it a try.
5. Shine. The ‘Shine’ trend is all about letting your true self shine. Implement this trend in any room throughout your home by embracing every colour of the rainbow and visually displaying what’s in your heart. -Statepoint