Muscat: Thailand has reinstated mandatory quarantine for travellers entering the country, said the Oman Embassy in Bangkok.
A statement issued online by Oman Embassy in Bangkok said :" Due to the recent developments of the Omicron mutant, the Thai authorities have approved the following measures:
• Temporarily suspending entry to Thailand under the "Test & Go" waiver (entry without quarantine requirements), starting from Wednesday, December 22, 2021 until further notice.
• Those who have already obtained their QR Code, can enter Thailand without quarantine.
• For those who have completed registration but have not yet received a QR Code, they must wait for approval, after which they can enter without quarantine.
• Passengers who have already arrived, as well as those who will arrive in Thailand and have completed their registration, are required to take two RT and PCR tests on arrival (the second test is free of charge).
• New visitors can register for the Phuket Sandbox and Alternative Quarantine (AQ) programmes only."