Muscat: The fee for obtaining licences to bring the first five expat workers to the company is OMR101, the Public Authority for Small and Medium Enterprises Development has clarified.
The authority issued a clarification in which it said: "Following the observations and inquiries on social media platforms regarding the Ministry of Labour’s decision No. 12/2021 about fees for issuing and renewing licenses to bring expat workers into Oman, the authority would like to clarify that the application fees for all micro, small and medium enterprises that have obtained an entrepreneurial card, according to the number of workers, for each application is according to the following:
1. Total fee OMR 101 if the request is for one to five workers.
2. The total fee is OMR 151 in the event that the request is for 6 to 10 workers, with the condition of employing at least one Omani.
3. Total fee OMR 1,001 for licensing the practice of work and recording the data of the worker to occupy the professions specified in the annex related to the decision.
Taking into account the following:
* 50 per cent reduction in fees for the institution that applies Omanisation percentages.
* 25 per cent discount for establishments that employ at least one Omani in accordance with the economic stimulus plan
The above fees apply to new licenses and to renewal of existing licenses, with the following stipulations:
- The institution must have an Entrepreneurship Card
- The facility should be for one institution only and not for other institutions owned by the owners of the institutions.