Muscat: The second phase of immunisation against Covid-19 will start on 21 June, the Ministry of Health (MoH) said in an announcement.
The ministry said that the implementation plan of the second phase of the National Immunisation plan against Covid-19, to be carried out in June and July targets a large segment of the population. The Ministry has set an estimated schedule for each phase of the campaign, to be announced through the MoH’s official sites.
Under the first phase, which began from 26 May, the targets included:
1. Completing vaccination of General Education Diploma students and their final examinations' supervisors.
2. Proceeding with the administration of the second dose for Musandam Governorate's population.
3. Administering the second dose for those who have completed 10 weeks from the date of taking the first dose.
4. Vaccinating front line service providers from the Royal Oman Police, Sultan's Armed Forces, and security apparatus.
5. Vaccinating front line service providers in the public sector.
6. Continuing the vaccination of health workers at the private health institutions.
7. Providing the vaccines in the private health sector.
The second phase, which begins from 21 June will target the following:
1. Vaccination of people aged 45 years and above.
The third phase, starting from the first half of July targets:
1. Vaccinating higher education students.
2. Vaccinating the teaching sector's personnel and the academics in the Higher Education sector.