Muscat: The Ministry of Labour will be accepting applications for support of wages for new Omanis entering the labour market in the private sector starting from Wednesday, 9th June.
A statement issued online by the Ministry of Labour said that in an implementation of His Majesty Sultan Haitham bin Tarik's directives to quickly implement operational initiatives, including supporting the wages of new Omanis entering the labour market in the private sector in the amount of two hundred Omani riyals, provided that the employer bears the agreed wage difference, for a number of fifteen thousand job opportunities, and for a period of two years.
The Ministry of Labour announces that it is accepting applications from companies in the private sector that want to benefit from the wages support for Omani jobseekers and those employed and registered at the ministry. Applications can be submitted from 9 June till 8 July 2021.
Companies wanting to apply should take into account the following conditions:
• The employment contract shall be registered directly from the beginning of the government support.
• The employment shall be at least for a period equal to the period of government support (four years).
• The support will be for job seeker who has not been previously worked
• The distribution of support will be according to educational qualifications (30 per cent for those who hold a general education diploma. 30 per cent for those who hold a post-secondary diploma, 40 per cent for university graduates)
• The initiative does not include job seekers on study seats (universities, colleges and institutes)
• Employment must take place after a month, maximum, of giving the final approval.
Therefore, institutions wishing to benefit from this support are requested to register via the following link https://ext-sshr.mocs.gov.om/mol_govsup