Want to encourage kids to move more? The latest technology, gear and apps are helping make movement and exercise fun. Here’s how:
• Learn online: From dance to yoga to martial arts, there are a range of online classes available that are designed just for kids. These are perfect for a time when many extracurricular activities are not meeting in person.
• Get up and go: New wearable tech options for kids are packed with features that invite kids to get up and go. Check out the sleek, smartwatch.
• Catch me if you can: Kids can create awesome videos with a high-definition video camera kit that includes a tripod and selfie stick, as well as a built-in microphone and editing tools. Cool trick shots and time-lapse videos not only hone kids’ creativity and technical skills, but also encourage them to move.
• Adventure time: Whether on a camping excursion or a backyard safari, kids can add excitement to any adventure by using walkie-talkies. Little adventurers can also send messages back and forth by choosing from preset animated messages or use the devices for real-time gaming.
• Move and do good: With the free UNICEF Kid Power app, kids will be inspired to do good while moving. Using the app, playful movement is transformed into lifesaving nutrition delivered to children in need around the world.
By looking to new games, apps and devices, you can encourage your little ones to move more and have more on-the-go fun.