Gas explosion in residential building in Oman

Energy Sunday 04/August/2019 21:12 PM
By: Times News Service
Gas explosion in residential building in Oman

MUSCAT: One person has been injured as the result of a fire caused by a gas explosion in a residential building in Wilayat Sur, the Public Authority for Civil Defence and Ambulance (PACDA) has announced.

In a statement online, PACDA said: "A gas leak in a kitchen in one of the apartment buildings in Wilayat Sur caused a gas explosion, which lead to one person receiving minor injuries."

The authority has called on the public to follow safety advice when connecting and storing gas cylinders.