This sweet and savoury fruity delight is a must on your ‘barbecue menu’.
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon ground pepper
• 8 pineapple slices, 1/2 inch thick
• In a small bowl, combine honey, olive oil, lime juice, and pepper and whisk. Set aside.
• Heat the grill or a grill pan.
• Lightly coat with cooking spray.
• Brush the pineapple with the marinade.
• Grill till both sides are well cooked.
BARBECUED CHICKEN WINGS
Lip-smacking chicken wings making them a “star” at any barbecue event or party.
• 1kg chicken wings
For the marinade:
• 1 cup ketchup
• 1/2 cup honey
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon chilli sauce
• Marinate the chicken wings with the above marinade ingredients. Refrigerate overnight.
• Heat the grill pan and barbecue the chicken wings till well done, flipping and basting till marinade sauce coats the wings thoroughly.
Chargrilled to perfection, barbecued mushrooms will surely be an instant hit at your barbecue party.
• 10 large flat mushrooms
For the marinade
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• Small handful of coriander leaves
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
• 1-2 garlic cloves
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• Place all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend to get a smooth marinade.
• Cut each mushroom into half.
• In a mixing bowl, empty the marinade from the blender and add the mushrooms. Mix well to coat each halved mushroom with the marinade and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
• Heat the grill pan and cook to grill till the mushrooms are well done.
TANDOORI TIGER PRAWNS
Similar to tikka prawns, these tandoori tiger prawns are juiciest and bursting with flavour.
• 4-5 large prawns
• 2 1/2 teaspoons hung curd
• 1 tablespoon tandoori masala
• 1-2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
• 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
• 2 teaspoons coriander leaves
• Salt to taste
• Put prawns in a bowl, add all the ingredients to it and mix well.
• Marinate for an hour.
• Cook on a grill for about 15 minutes or till well done.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Oneza Tabish is a food blogger, consultant, and columnist based in Oman. She is also the owner of Oman’s popular Facebook group ‘What’s Cooking Oman.’