Oman firefighters douse house fire

Energy Tuesday 29/November/2016 09:45 AM
By: Times News Service
Oman firefighters douse house fire

Muscat: Firefighters tackled a fire in a house in Sur on Monday night, the Public Authority for Civil Defense and Ambulance (PACDA) tweeted on it official twitter handle.
“The fire fighters managed to douse a fire which engulfed a house in Sur. No casualties reported in the incident,” the tweet read.
On Sunday, the firefighters managed to put out a fire in a warehouse in Barka.
In June, PACDA reported that electrical faults accounted for a third of all fires in 2015.
The highest number of cases was recorded in Muscat Governorate last year, officials reported. Fires caused by electrical malfunctions made up 1,225 of the total incidents PACDA officers had to respond to in 2015.
Meanwhile, to avoid delay in emergency situation, PACDA has urged everyone to co-operate and report such incidents by contacting 9999 or 24343666.