https://d5nxst8fruw4z.cloudfront.net/atrk.gif?account=pUuXo1IWhd10Ug
logo
ITA records more than 600 cases of online blackmail
July 23, 2019 | 4:45 PM
by Times TV
 
Sharelines

A total of 607 cases of electronic extortion were recorded by Oman's Information Technology Authority during the first six months of 2019.

According to the authority, people between the ages of 15 and 45 were the most exposed to cases of extortion.

Furthermore, 70 per cent of registered cases involved a male being blackmailed, with the other 30 per cent being female.

Last year, the ITA recorded 1,414 cases of electronic extortion and 1,479 cases in 2017




STAY UPDATED
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know all the latest news