Muscat: Muscat Municipality has reminded the owners of beauty centres and women's hairdressing salons about general controls and preventive measures that they must adhere to.
A statement issued online by the Muscat Municipality said, "Owners of beauty centres and women’s hairdressing salons must abide by these controls and preventive measures:
1. The capacity to receive customers should not exceed 50 per cent.
2. Work is limited to half the number of chairs and half the number of employees, to avoid overcrowding.
3. Keep a distance of two metres between service chairs.
4. Replace cloth towels with disposable paper towels, customers can also be allowed to bring their own.
5. Put all plastic tools in a heat box or UVL device with the rest of the metal tools.
6. Use single-use tools.
7. Sterilising and cleaning the toilets periodically and regularly (allocating a cleaning worker if possible to sterilise before and after each customer's use).
8. It is forbidden to provide food and exchange meals between female workers and clients.
9. Increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting with sterilisers that contain 70 per cent alcohol at all times.
10. Focus on sterilising (door handles and stairs, cash dispensers, TV and air conditioning control devices, service chairs and tables, hair and hand washing basins, shelves and cabinets)
11. Use a plastic cover for all tools, devices and materials used.
12. Documenting the cleaning and disinfecting operations in the work records, stating the substances used.
13. Limiting the exchange of conversations between customers and workers, especially when providing services."