Times of Oman
Oct 04, 2015 LAST UPDATED AT 02:19 PM GMT
Oman expat labour ban: No decision yet on getting “no objection certificate” from sponsors, say ministry officials
May 11, 2014 | 12:00 AM
Photo supplied

Muscat: The Ministry of Manpower said it has not yet decided whether expatriates who obtain a "no objection certificate (NoC)" from the current employer can work for another sponsor. "We are looking into this matter," said a ministry official.

Confirming the announcement made by the Royal Oman Police (ROP) Sunday, the official said, "Employment visa will not be issued for a foreigner who previously worked in the Sultanate and has not completed two years from the date of last departure."

In response to media reports doing the rounds that there will be a ban on changing sponsors in the Sultanate, effective June 1, the Ministry of Manpower denied the report in a statement released through its Twitter account.

Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know all the latest news