https://d5nxst8fruw4z.cloudfront.net/atrk.gif?account=pUuXo1IWhd10Ug
logo
Cyclone Mekunu: Government websites, e-systems safe: ITA
May 26, 2018 | 8:54 PM
by Times News Service
 
Sharelines

Muscat: No damage has been reported to the government’s websites and e-systems in the Governorates of Dhofar and Wusta in the wake of Cyclone Mekunu, Oman’s Information Technology Authority (ITA) has said.

In an online statement, ITA said: “No damage has been reported to the government’s websites and e-systems in Dhofar and Wusta governorates, which are linked to Oman’s government network, during the cyclone.”

ITA explained that 40 per cent of the government’s websites were working normally, while the other 60 per cent had been closed as a precautionary measure.

ITA affirmed that it dealt sternly with a number of fake accounts that impersonated government websites dealing with the cyclone situation.


STAY UPDATED
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know all the latest news