https://d5nxst8fruw4z.cloudfront.net/atrk.gif?account=pUuXo1IWhd10Ug
logo
Two expats in Oman die of suffocation
January 13, 2018 | 8:15 PM
by ONA
Photo for illustration purpose only
 
Sharelines

Muscat: Two people died after choking on fumes from charcoal they used to heat their homes.

The operations centre at the Public Authority for Civil Defence and Ambulance (PACDA) received information about a fire at an under-construction building at Jabal Al Akdhar on Saturday.

When the civil defence officials arrived at the spot there was no fire but two people were found dead due to inhalation of charcoal smoke.

The public authority called on all residents to be more cautious while using charcoals in the heating of homes.



The authority advised people to use proper ventilation, to avoid suffocation risks for children and adults due to the emission of poisonous gases.

STAY UPDATED
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know all the latest news